Take part in photographing heritages and monuments in Sweden!
Wiki Loves Monuments begun in the Netherlands in 2010 and has since grown to become a global competition in photography. The first year resulted in 12 500 pictures taken whilst in 2011 165 000 pictures were uploaded. About 5000 of these were contributed via the Swedish competition in 2011.
The contest will run from the first until the last of September 2014 within participating countries. Wikimedia Sweden is jointly with the users on the Swedish-speaking Wikipedia responsible for the Swedish part of the competition.
Design of the competition
The participating countries will run their competitions parallel during September 2014. A Swedish jury will for the Swedish competition select 10 winning photos and the photographers behind these will be awarded prizes. Possibly will also these 10 winning photos be submitted to an international final.
The competition will have four categories;
- Buildings and church cultural monuments in the Swedish National Heritage Board’s database of built heritage – BeBR.
- Ancient monuments in the Swedish National Heritage Board’s database – Fornsök.
- Historical ships listed on the Maritime Museum’s website
- Working Life Museums in the Museum of Work’s database
The task is to photograph monuments and upload these on Wikimedia Commons, the free database where all images which Wikipedia (and all other possible users) utilize. A step to step guide on how to participate you will find here.
- The picture can be taken earlier but must be uploaded on Wikipedia Commons in September 2014.
- The picture must be taken by the person who uploads.
- The person who uploads must submit an email address at the time of registering a user account on Commons as to enable us to contact you if a prize has been won.
- Images taken in other countries may not be uploaded as part of the Swedish competition. You can however participate in other national competitions. On the international website you will find links to other national competitions.
4 x Gold pass (value 1188 SEK) at Moderskeppet
5 x books about world heritage from Swedish National Heritage Board
10 x note pads from Royal Armoury
10 x Wiki Loves Monuments notebooks from lettera 27 Foundation
More prizes could get to be added.
Chair of the Jury: Harald Andersson, Board Member Wikimedia Sweden
Jury participator: Camilla Grönbladh, Moderskeppet
Jury participator: Lars Lundqvist, the Swedish National Heritage Board
Cooperation and sponsor partners
Do you want to sponsor the Swedish part of Wiki Loves Monuments? Please, let us know!
You can continuously follow the Swedish competition by viewing all photos.